Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Photography as art: Something special



I wish to give you a special gift: a link to a truly wonderful blog. It's a blog of a dear friend who loves taking pictures with digital cameras.

I am sure you have a friend that takes pictures of people and places. While these photos are lovely and capture a moment or place, you probably wouldn't call them art. This blog though is about digital photography as art. And Andy Ilachinski knows digital photography. He is an artist who snaps pictures and then processes them, not always but often, to bring out features and feelings that he sees in the scene. The scenes are real, the pictures are his artistic vision of what he would like to others to see that isn't readily apparent.

From his blog profile:
Photography became a life-long pursuit for me the instant my parents gave me a Polaroid instamatic camera for my 10th birthday (35 years ago). I have been studying the mysterious relationship between inner experiences and outer realities ever since. My creative process is very simple. I take pictures of what calms my soul.
I have many of his art works on my walls and all of them bring new joy and contentment each time I view them. If you'd like to see his work, and not just read his thoughts, check out his website.

Here's just one example:

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I like it. But then again, you already knew that.