Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's the end of the world as we know it....

I feel fine....

Yes, the world, or really the universe for that matter, is set to end in 16-billion years, and not the original 22-billion years like scientists thought.

So says two physicists from China who have analyzed dark energy and determined that this stuff that we can't see, but infer because the universe is expanding, will one day cause that self-same universe to tear itself apart. And sure they will be stars that will be ripped apart, and planets destroyed, but if we could have just 6-billion more years, well, then the universe would have collapsed on itself. It's death by separation or death by constriction, either way, it's not good.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone takes these physicists seriously, and I actually checked out their paper (link available at the link above) to see what they're thinking.

For my part, I'll just keep living as I have, without worries, at least about this.  You might want to do the same.

No comments: