Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 18, 2010

Fish comes back

Last night I changed the water in my fish tank. The tank has a capacity of 10-gallons and holds a single goldfish. Once I had cleaned the tank, I put the fish in it. This sort of goldfish does not require a heater and the fresh water was quite cold. So the little fellow was fine at first (say, for three seconds!) and then sunk to the bottom where he pooped just a bit from stress I guess (see the photo) and where he stayed all night.

He wasn't dead, his gills were working, but he sure looked bad. Then, tonight he is miraculously transformed anew and is swimming about happily! It just goes to show, the fish is cold-blooded and once the water warmed, the fish came back to life. No miraculous really, but kind of cool.

No comments: